Denver Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Don't Settle for Less. Call Our Denver Personal Injury Lawyers!
Motorcycle collisions can result in some of the most catastrophic and most life-threatening injuries imaginable. Due to the sheer size of motorcycles compared to other cars or trucks, motorcyclists will almost always end up on the losing side of a collision. Even though motorcyclists may take proper precautions by wearing protective gear and riding cautiously, few things stop negligent drivers from colliding with innocent motorcyclists.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Lack of visibility
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Failing to look into a cross walk or intersection before entering
- Following too closely behind a motorcyclist
- Motorcyclist was in the driver's blind spot
- Bad weather or slick roads
These are the common causes that police officers and lawyers most often hear after a motorcycle accident with serious injuries or fatal injuries. A moment's inattentiveness may be financially costly for a car or truck driver, but the catastrophic injuries a cyclist sustains can last a lifetime.
Injured in a motorcycle accident? Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you. Contact us today!
Vigilance is the Responsibility of Every Driver
Motorcycle accidents are often caused by lack of attention on the part of a car or truck driver. It can also be caused by a lack of thought, such as when car drivers cut in front of a motorcycle without thinking how much time and space they need to stop. Roadway conditions can also be more important for a motorcycle than a car so a cyclist may have a harder time compensating for bad moves made by a car or truck driver.
Unfortunately, although it's the auto driver who wasn't thinking, it's the cyclist who suffers for it. Even without intention, a negligent driver could cause motorcyclists to suffer a lifetime with leg injuries, broken ankles and broken foot bones, spinal injuries, and serious back and head injuries. If you have sustained serious injury due to someone else's negligence, you must take immediate legal action.
Common Motorcycle Accidents in Denver
Motorcycle accidents are notoriously more serious than a typical car accident due to the lack of protection around the rider and the size discrepancy between the vehicle and the bike. There are several reasons why a driver may hit a motorcyclist, but some are more common than others. Regardless of where you live or ride, it is critical to watch out for the accident dangers below and to ride as if every driver on the road does not see you. The saying is true, “Loud pipes save lives.”
5 common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Speeding: Speed reduces a driver’s ability to react in time, as well as the chance that they will see you.
- Lane Changes: If a driver does not adequately look before changing lanes, there is a high risk of hitting motorcyclist that is in a blind spot or that is approaching from behind. In addition, when a driver does not signal and makes a sudden lane change, you are given no chance of getting out of the way.
- Sudden stops: Rear-end accidents are common with any type of vehicle, motorcycle or otherwise, as abrupt stops are unpredictable and likely to happen at higher speeds. Even a slower sudden stop can result in serious injury for a motorcycle rider.
- Left turns: If a motorist turns in front of a motorcyclist without warning, serious accidents are likely to happen. The rider may even be thrown over the car upon impact due to the nature of the accident.
- Car doors: Drivers rarely check for oncoming traffic or riders before opening their doors to get out of their vehicle. This negligence can result in serious injury for a motorcyclist.
No matter what kind of accident caused your injuries, if you were not at fault, you deserve a settlement. Your bike may be damaged, you may be in the hospital, or may just have a few broken bones. Whether severe or seemingly minor, don’t let those at fault get away with it—call our team.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Injuries from motorcycle accidents vary and are dependent upon several factors: the nature of the crash, the gear that the rider was wearing, the speed of the crash, and how quickly the rider is guarded from other vehicles. If a rider is in an accident and other vehicles hit him or her once on the ground, injuries can quickly go from mild to deadly.
Injuries may include:
- Head injury (severity depends on if the driver was wearing a full-face helmet, a skull cap, or no helmet)
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles, tendons, or ligaments
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Facial cuts, fractures, and road rash
Protective gear, and defensive driving are key factors in avoiding the more serious of injuries. Learning how to avoid crashes, how to anticipate driver moves, and how to maneuver around obstacles comes with time and practice, so it is imperative the you take all precautions possible. Wearing a full-face helmet is your safest option, and gear and a bike that are visible help, as well. If possible, make sure your pipes are audible to give drivers a “warning” that a bike is approaching. Do what you can to prevent a potentially deadly collision and to get home safely every time you ride.
You Deserve to Be Fully Compensated for Your Damages, Injuries, or Losses
If you were injured, or a loved one has died because of the negligence of another driver in a motorcycle crash with a car or truck, contact the Denver personal injury attorneys at Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C. We have handled hundreds of serious injury cases involving motorcycles, cars, and trucks in Colorado. Our Denver law office can help you get fair compensation for the injuries you or your passenger suffered, or the grief your family is experiencing after the loss of a loved one.
Possible Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents
- Costs associated with medical treatment for your injuries
- Costs associated with emergency response, such as Emergency Room (ER) treatment or ambulance ride
- Costs associated with long-term medical care, such as rehabilitation
- Lost wages or future loss of wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Costs associated with a wrongful death claim
Your initial personal injury consultation is free so you have nothing to lose by speaking with a Denver motorcycle accident attorney and understanding your rights after an accident with injuries. If you wish to learn more about your legal options at this time, do not wait another moment to speak with us.
Legal Experience Combined with Medical Knowledge
The injury attorneys at Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C. often consult with Attorney Eric Steiner, M.D., a physician and lawyer with more than 20 years of hands-on experience in the medical field. For serious personal injury cases, Attorney Steiner's exceptional medical insight can provide clients with extra comfort and compassion because he truly understands their medical condition. Together, Attorney Gerash and Attorney Steiner can use decades of combined legal experience, pool their resources, and utilize their unique insight on personal injury claims to prove the extent of injuries to an insurance company or trial jury.
Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C.: no fees unless we win. Call today.
At Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C., our Denver motorcycle accident lawyers handle motorcycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay no legal fees unless we are successful in securing a substantial compensation for you. When we champion your specific claim, our retainer fees are paid as an agreed upon percentage of the award.
Are you ready to move forward in your claim? Call our Denver motorcycle accident lawyers to learn more about how we can help.
We have over 40 years of combined trial experience.
Each case is handled by at least one partner of the firm.
We are not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary.
Experienced physician on our personal injury team.
Former public defender on our criminal defense team.
“Thank you all for making this uneasy situation a lot more comfortable.”- Former Client
“Words cannot express how grateful we are.”- Former Client
“I feel that I had excellent advice and representation before, during and after the court appearances.”- Former Client