Suffered a Devastating Spinal Cord Injury?
A thoroughly and strategically presented personal injury claim prepared by an Denver spinal injury attorney is necessary to receive proper compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering resulting from catastrophic spinal injuries.
At Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C., our aggressive, skilled trial attorneys represent victims who have suffered life-changing injuries throughout Colorado. If you think you have a claim, call our Denver personal injury lawyers immediately. We are ready to pursue the financial compensation that you deserve.
Injured your spinal cord? Contact us to discuss your case today!
Signs of a spinal cord injury include:
- Partial or complete loss of control and function of any part of the body
- Difficulty walking or balancing
- Extreme pain or pressure in the head, neck or back
- Tingling or loss of sensation in the hands, arms, fingers, feet or toes
- Impaired breathing after injury
- Unusual lumps or disfigured spine or head
- Urinary or bowel incontinence
The severity of your symptoms may appear immediately or can present slowly, as your swelling and immobility increases. Don’t risk being left alone to handle what could be years of recovery. Let our team help you make sure that you are covered financially so that you can focus on healing and getting back to your life.
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can happen any time there is an impact or injury strong enough to cause the spinal cord to swell, setting off a chain of events that renders the spinal cord tissue dead and stripped of insulation. These reactions include loss of blood flow, a flood of neurotransmitters, and an invasion of immune cells which can poison the area resulting in nerve cell damage.
Common causes of spinal cord injury are:
- Auto accidents: Car accidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries due to the numerous ways an impact can jerk, twist, suspend, puncture or compact the body.
- Falls: A seizure, medical event, slip down stairs or off a raised area can result in a catastrophic spinal cord injury.
- Gunshot wounds: A direct hit or a sweeping gunshot like that of a shotgun can cause serious damage the spinal cord.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are notoriously more detrimental to the body than auto accidents because of the lack of protection from other riders, drivers, objects and the road.
- Medical or surgical complications or accidents: Medical error or mishaps can often cause serious injury, especially when a doctor or caregiver is working in or around the spinal cord.
- Fights or Intentional harm: Fighting, stabbing or any intentional harm done from one person to another can result in a catastrophic spinal cord injury.
Putting 20 Years of Medical Experience to Work for Your Claim
Spinal injuries can lead to full or partial paralysis that may require life in a wheelchair, and possibly full-time health care. Dr. Eric L. Steiner, an experienced physician and lawyer with more than 20 years of hands-on medical practice, provides important insight into the progression of severe spinal injuries.
Common causes of spinal injuries:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Improperly used or maintained work processes or equipment
- Dangerous and defective products, including protective athletic gear and equipment
At Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C., our experienced team of trial attorneys provides a strong voice for innocently injured victims, seeking significant settlements and verdicts that take into account the course of medical treatment necessary to treat catastrophic spinal cord injuries. We also represent people who have suffered traumatic brain injuries.
To see samples of our work on behalf of accident victims, please review our representative cases.
Contact a Denver Spinal Injury Lawyer from Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C. Today
When you suffered severe spinal cord injuries, you need effective legal representation to obtain fair compensation. Our legal team handles personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis — you pay no fees unless we win. When we win, our fees are paid as an agreed upon percentage of the award.
Contact our Denver spinal injury attorneys at Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C., to discuss your case in a free consultation.