Denver Civil Rights Attorneys
Individuals who are arrested, detained, or imprisoned have guaranteed constitutional rights that can be protected through legal action. Likewise, protestors who are exercising their constitutional rights may seek redress through the legal system for any infringement of those rights. At Gerash Steiner Blanton, P.C., we are prepared to help our clients protect their constitutional rights regardless of the circumstances.
Constitutional Rights Of Individuals Who Are Arrested, Detained Or Imprisoned.
Unfortunately, it is a common occurrence for individuals who have been arrested, detained, or imprisoned to have their constitutional rights violated by state authorities. At Gerash Steiner Blanton, P.C., we are experienced in helping our clients pursue claims involving such violations. Whether you have been mistreated when stopped by the police, or subjected to unreasonable treatment while in jail or prison, we can help. Our team of criminal and civil lawyers can assist you with all aspects of your case.
Schedule your free case review online or call us now!
Constitutional Rights Of Protestors.
It is quite common to hear about protestors getting arrested, mistreated, or abused while they exercise their First Amendment rights. While this is illegal and unethical, it also sheds light on the fact that many people are unaware of their protesting rights. Far too often people experience violence and harassment from the police without knowing what their legal rights are. As a result, countless people suffer at the hands of the authorities who are supposed to protect them.
Our civil rights lawyers are committed to advocating for advocates. In other words, we can champion the best interests of those who advocate for a cause or belief. We can help you if you experienced the following situations:
- You were arrested or cited in connection with a protest
- You or others were mistreated or interfered with at a protest
- You or someone you know has been injured at the hands of the police
You should not have to suffer legal consequences and abuse for exercising your constitutional rights. The attorneys at Gerash Steiner Blanton, P.C. are here to help you protect your constitutional rights.
Schedule your free case review online or by calling us now!
Any person organizing or participating in a protest should be aware that they have the following rights:
- The right to peaceably assemble in a public venue.
- The right to be free of bodily harm, including being subjected to tear gas, pepper spray or rubber bullets.
- The right to be free from the use of unreasonable force by police officers assigned to a protest.
- The right to counsel if you are arrested or otherwise cited at the protest.
- The right to bring a civil action for any misconduct by police officers at the scene of a protest.
- The right to seek an injunction concerning any unreasonable interference with a protest, or to prevent such interference at future protests.
Why Hire Us?
At Gerash Steiner Blanton, P.C., we have a long history of protecting the civil rights of our clients. This includes representing those who have been injured at the hands of the police, and those who are exercising their rights to speak out in support of social justice. Attorney Dan Gerash has worked as a criminal defense attorney for 30+ years, and previously practiced with his father, Walter Gerash, a well-known figure in the Colorado civil rights movement. Attorneys Dan Gerash and Michael Blanton both handle a variety of civil rights litigation, including:
- claims of those injured by the police
- claims of those injured while in detention, jail or prison
- claims of those whose rights were infringed by state and local authorities
Our lawyers are concerned with the protection of the civil rights and liberties of our clients. As trial and appellate lawyers, we are the advocates of the underdog. Whether litigating on behalf of those who have been injured at the hands of the police, or representing protestors who are seeking to end such abuse, our mission, foremost, is to defend the constitutional and statutory rights of our clients against illegal governmental conduct.
As representatives for the people, our opponents are almost always institutional entities. We strongly believe in, and proudly enforce, our constitution and the laws guaranteeing the rights and liberties of our clients.
Our mission is to preserve your guaranteed rights and liberties. Fill out our online contact form or call us so we can get started!