Are You a Victim of Surgical or Procedural Error?
Our Denver Medical Malpractice Lawyers Demand Compensation for You
When surgeons and other medical professionals fail to follow standard procedures, fail to perform with reasonable care, or fail to operate with due caution, a routine surgery can turn life-threatening or even be fatal. The medical malpractice attorneys at Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C. have an established record of holding healthcare providers accountable for their surgical, diagnostic and therapeutic errors. In fact, Eric Steiner, M.D., a physician-attorney with more than 20 years of medical experience, leads our medical negligence practice.
If you have sustained serious injury after a medical procedure or surgery and you suspect medical malpractice may have played a role in the extent of your damages, then you must contact our firm immediately.
Preventable Surgical Errors
Before, during, and after a surgical procedure, physicians and staff have established protocols and cross-checks to prevent injurious mistakes. We have demonstrated in numerous cases how surgeons, radiologists, anesthesiologists, or nurses deviated from professional standards or simply botched the job in a variety of procedures.
Common surgical errors may include:
- Catheter injuries - improper insertion or use of catheters can injure ducts, blood vessels, damage nerves and even introduce air into the bloodstream that may lead to a leakage, bleeding, heart attack, stroke or embolism.
- Surgery errors - a surgeon's scalpel may nick arteries or sever nerves or tendons, causing dangerous bleeding or permanent loss of function.
- Wrong operations - it is rare that surgeons operate on or remove the wrong body part, but when it happens it is devastating - and usually the result of pre-operative negligence on behalf of surgical staff.
- Foreign objects - leaving surgical tools, sponges and other foreign materials inside the patient may cause infection, internal bleeding and nerve damage.
- Anesthesia errors - improperly administering general, regional or local anesthetic can cause severe or permanent brain and/or nerve damage.
- Post-surgical negligence - nurses and operating physicians have a duty to follow up and monitor post-operative patients for any sign of hemorrhage, infection, embolisms, respiratory problems, blood clots, cardiac distress or other life-threatening complications of surgery.
Do you have a claim?
Medical negligence litigation is complex and hotly contested by medical practitioners and healthcare facilities. Our Denver medical malpractice law firm has the financial resources, technical medical knowledge, and the proven record of results to handle these types of difficult cases.
Not every surgical error constitutes malpractice, and injuries must be permanent, severe or fatal to justify the substantial investment of resources necessary to bring these lawsuits. Let us determine if you have a viable claim in a free personal injury case. We proudly serve the Denver Metro area and all of Colorado.
Contact Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C. for a Free Case Consultation
Attorney Eric Steiner's medical insights are invaluable in our surgical error malpractice cases. Our medical malpractice lawyers can assist in evaluating claims and coordinating the investigation into the negligence. Due to Dr. Steiner's top medical connections, he provides our trial attorneys invaluable access to top surgical experts nationwide who can testify on specific surgical protocols and breaches of those same protocols.
Our medical malpractice team is committed to securing full compensation for surgery-related injury or wrongful death. Call today for your free consultation.
We have over 40 years of combined trial experience.
Each case is handled by at least one partner of the firm.
We are not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary.
Experienced physician on our personal injury team.
Former public defender on our criminal defense team.
“Thank you all for making this uneasy situation a lot more comfortable.”- Former Client
“Words cannot express how grateful we are.”- Former Client
“I feel that I had excellent advice and representation before, during and after the court appearances.”- Former Client