Bicycle injuries and accidents on the road are often caused by driver negligence or reckless actions. Death or serious injury can be the result of such bicycle accidents, as Colorado residents hear about in the news every month. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, it pays to seek legal counsel from an experienced attorney who has your best interest at heart. Our team of Denver bicycle accident lawyers at Gerash Steiner & Blanton, P.C. can provide you with the legal guidance and representation needed to obtain proper compensation. Your healing can cost you hundreds in medical bills, physical therapy and possible lost wages. Let us help you get coverage for these costs.
Prevention and Safety
There are ways to reduce the risk of accidents and bicycle injuries on the road, including:
- Wear a helmet
- Ride a bike that is appropriate for your size, weight and skill level
- Follow traffic laws
- Check your bicycle’s tires and gears every time you ride
- Keep a safe distance from parked cars to avoid opening doors
- Pay attention to the road and people around you
- Avoid riding at night
Drivers can reduce the risk of accidents by doing the following:
- Avoid making sudden turns, lane changes or vehicle movements
- Proceed through intersections cautiously and make turns slowly and cautiously
- Pay attention to the road and others on it including bicyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians
If drivers and cyclists work together to reduce the risks of accidents and injuries, road safety will greatly improve. Unfortunately, those who have already been injured in bicycle accidents are facing recovery that can prove difficult and expensive.
Call for a Free Consultation: (303) 732-5048
If you are suffering from an injury due to a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team of Denver personal injury attorneys can help you understand your legal rights and will stand by you to fight for the settlement that you deserve. You should not have to pay for medical bills or suffer from lost wages due to an accident that was not your fault. Let us take on the legal legwork for your case so that you can focus on feeling better and recovering from your injuries.
Contact our team to discuss your accident at (303) 732-5048.