Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Verdicts & Settlements
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Medical Negligence case against two physical therapists working for hospital in rural Colorado town, which perform physical therapy on Plaintiff outside scope of doctor's prescription, and causes paralysis from waist down. Settled for seven figures.
- Medical Negligence case arising from negligent care in jail setting. Medical staff ignores Plaintiff's complaints of back pain for several days resulting permanent spinal injury rendering Plaintiff a quadriplegic. Confidential, but substantial settlement before litigation commences.
- Medical Negligence case involving negligent care in hospital where Plaintiff, who was a fall risk, was allowed to walk on own, fell, and sustained significant and ultimately fatal injuries. Case settled before litigation.
- Inadequate Medical Care - May 25, 2007 - Boulder Jury returns $1,000,000.00 verdict in favor of Plaintiffs represented by Daniel P. Gerash, Esq. and Eric L. Steiner, J.D., M.D., against a Boulder County hospital and Neurologist for providing inadequate medical care to a 56 year old male client who was hospitalized at the hospital for transient ischemic attacks (TIAs), a known precursor to stroke, and later went on to suffer a catastrophic stroke. The jury found that the hospital and physician were both negligent, and that their negligence caused their clients injuries as the basis for their verdict.
- Birth Injury - Medical malpractice case for birth injury. Case involved a hospital and an obstetrician who allegedly failed to deliver a baby in a timely and appropriate manner. The case also alleged the failure of the hospital's vacuum suction device to work properly. The birth resulted in a severe brain injury to the baby. The family was represented by Daniel P. Gerash along with his father Walter L. Gerash. The case was ultimately settled for a confidential amount.
- Physician/Hospital Malpractice - Medical malpractice case against family physician, pulmonologist, and hospital staff (nurses and respiratory therapists) for alleged failure to adequately and appropriately treat client with respiratory failure while in hospital suffering impending respiratory arrest. The client was not timely intubated to assist labored breathing before suffering respiratory arrest resulting in catastrophic brain injury and vegetative state. Case settled approximately two weeks before trial for a confidential amount.
- Surgeon Malpractice - Medical malpractice action against surgeon who presumably left a surgical sponge in client's chest during heart surgery. The sponge created embolism that led to death of client. Family represented by Daniel P. Gerash, then with Gerash, Prugh, & Gerash, P.C.. Case was settled for a confidential amount.
- Failure to Diagnose - Case alleging an undiagnosed hematoma after hernia surgery resulting in loss of client's (only) testicle rendering him impotent and without the ability to produce testosterone. Attorney/physician Eric Steiner represented this client. This case settled for a confidential amount.
- Failure to Diagnose - Case involving client, represented by Dr. Eric Steiner, J.D., M.D,. who complained to physician about problems urinating. Physician seemingly fails to work up patient appropriately in spite of documented laboratory evidence of impaired renal function and a physical finding of an enlarged prostate. The Physician's alleged failure to diagnose these problems caused patient to develop renal failure requiring dialysis. Case settled for confidential amount.
- Pharmaceutical Error - Two families as current clients involving pharmaceutical overdoses to infants in the hospital setting.
If you need effective representation in a civil or criminal matter, call Gerash Steiner, P.C. to discuss your case with a skilled Denver trial attorney.
Free consultations on all Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice & Criminal matters.
Credit cards accepted - Flexible office hours
Affiliated office in Trinidad
Gerash Steiner, P.C.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys
For more accident-injury lawsuit case information
visit our Verdicts & Lawsuit Settlement overview page